Google
 
Web www.blogger.com
www.myspace.com www.treehugger.com
Veg-ables: I'm Back!

Veg-ables

An AZ-based blogspace for veg*ans & veg-curious alike -- welcome! My hope is for this space to serve as both a resource and a springboard for action, for it to grow and evolve along with its contributors, and to remain relevant for new as well as old veggies. Also visit my Space! :o)

12.12.06

I'm Back!

What excuse do I have for being offline nearly three weeks? Well, I moved into the new place, and didn't get internet until finals week. Then it went down again the day I needed to do the final and only came back the following day. This past weekend was spent demolishing the exterior of the house and re-painting and such -- lots of fun! Here's a before & after in the same photo:
















What else has been going on in my life? Well, there's the wild dog situation. When we bought this house, we discovered it came with a litter of puppies, born of a wild mother. Ever since, we've been feeding them and hoping they will start to like humans and want to be our bed dogs. They started to trust us a little more each week, until ... their worst nightmare came true: we put collars and leashes on them and attempted to take them to the vet. Their response was one of pure terror, and they pulled until they choked themselves, pulling even more ferociously until one of them escaped, and the other poor darnit finally got picked up and placed inside the truck. They are good dogs, though. One would expect them to hate us forever for such behavior, and they don't. They were back in the house last night eating their dinner like everything was cool. They will be getting altered on December 29th, as long as everything goes according to plan, since we don't need any more wild puppies being produced. Hopefully what we learned from the test run on Saturday will be helpful when it really counts. Here are a couple of pics of Fire and Water:































These dogs are becoming my whole world -- I never thought I could fall in love a couple of stray dogs, but they have so much personality and are so darnitty, I can't help myself. We would never give them up now. And the Humane Society has been very helpful and supportive of our desire to adopt them and care for them as if they were "normal" companion animals.


Tomorrow we have a birthday party in our family! Guess where we're going? Yup yup, Tucson's only Vegan Restaurant, and my fave restaurant of all time -- Lovin' Spoonfuls

Check out their menu and if you are ever in the area, make sure you stop by and show some veg support.

:o)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



PETA2.com