Google
 
Web www.blogger.com
www.myspace.com www.treehugger.com
Veg-ables: What's on your Christmas Menu?

Veg-ables

An AZ-based blogspace for veg*ans & veg-curious alike -- welcome! My hope is for this space to serve as both a resource and a springboard for action, for it to grow and evolve along with its contributors, and to remain relevant for new as well as old veggies. Also visit my Space! :o)

21.12.06

What's on your Christmas Menu?

Well, once again, my mother-in-law and I have split up the menu for our holiday meal. This is what Monday's dinner is going to look like at our house:

Un-Turkey (prepared by MIL)
Cranberries (moi)
Mashed Yams (MIL)
Bread (moi) w/ Spread (MIL)
Oven Potatoes (MIL)
Coleslaw (moi)
Salad (MIL)
Chocolate Cheesecake (moi)


I'm excited because I have never made bread from scratch before (sure, I've used those bread machines, but this will be completely different) and I've chosen what looks to be a very festive and delicious recipe: Ms. Beverly Lynn Bennett to the rescue again, with her Sundried Tomato Olive Bread. The other challenge, of course, will be the cheesecake, since I have yet to produce a satisfactory version of one. Again, Beverly is helping me out with her (what looks like) easy version of a Chocolate Cheesecake.

Last year, I made chicken enchiladas for Christmas dinner (obviously before converting to veg-ism) which was a non-traditional but fun meal to prepare.

What is everyone else doing this year? I would love some new recipe ideas, so please post them here if you have 'em.

:o) Holiday Cheers! :o)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



PETA2.com